Internal Compliant Committee
According to the Sexual Harassment at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013, Sunbeam College for Women has established Internal Complaint Committee / Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee. Adhering to the judgment of Honorable Supreme Court of India, we aim to provide basic human right of gender equality. The College aims at providing a conducive atmosphere on the campus, where all genders are respected and are treated with dignity.
What is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Humiliating, Demeaning and/or Persistent criticism.
- Verbal or Physical threats or Body Shaming
- Offensive gestures, Language, Rumors, Gossip or Jokes.
- Isolation or Exclusion from normal work or study place.
- Insulting or Embarrassing Comments.
- Publishing, Circulating or Displaying pornographic, Racist, Sexually suggestive or Otherwise offensive pictures or other materials.
- Unwanted physical contact, Ranging from an invasion of personal space to a serious assault.
- A demand or request for sexual favours.
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee (ASHC) has been established by the college to provide a healthy atmosphere to the students and the staff members of the college. Anti- Sexual Harassment Committee deals with issues relating to sexual harassment.
Select Academic Year